Update Concerning COVID-19
Dear Alabama Women’s Specialists Patients,
The Physicians and staff of AWS recognize the anxiety and concerns over the Coronavirus outbreak and want each of you to know that our office is taking all precautions to ensure that we are doing everything we can to protect one another from spreading this virus. Here are some ways we are striving to maintain the highest standards of hygiene and sterility.
- • To provide further protection, we have increased both the frequency and extensivity of our office cleaning routines. Between each patient, each exam room will have relevant surfaces wiped down with disinfectants that are effective against the coronavirus.
- • We are making efforts to minimize risks of exposure in our waiting room. We are asking for only patients in our waiting room area. Please do not bring children with you for your appointment.
- • Only patients will be allowed in the exam rooms. There will be exceptions for spouses when having an ultrasound.
- • Please complete all necessary patient information portals before your appointment. Advanced MD for your demographic information and Digichart only for our new patients. Links will be on our website at alwomens.com. Please look under “Your Records” and choose the appropriate link. This will save time for you in our office and also helps our physicians to review all pertinent information before your appointment. This will also allow you to call our office when you enter the parking deck, you may remain in your car and we will be happy to call you when we have a room available.
- • We are asking that all patients with upper respiratory symptoms (such as cough, fever, shortness of breath) cancel and reschedule their appointment. We advise you to call your family doctor if you have any of these symptoms.
- • Most insurance companies are allowing for telephone appointments to limit exposure to patients in the office, when physical exams are not necessary. If you have a gynecological issue and you would like to speak with a physician please call our office and this can be arranged. (Copays may apply). Pregnant patients are not a candidate for Telemedicine.
Please know that we are doing everything we can to limit your exposure and risk. We are committed to keeping you safe and comfortable during your time with us. We will do our best to keep you updated on new information as we receive it.
Until then, we remain available to answer any questions and be of assistance in any way that we are capable.
Alabama Women's Specialists
FAQ's regarding Coronavirus and Pregnancy & Breastfeeding | CDC
A message from all of us at AWS, presented by Dr. Greg Banks.
With five hospitals, dozens of specialty centers, and the largest primary care network in the state, Brookwood Baptist Health has convenient locations all across Central Alabama, including Brookwood Baptist Medical Center and Princeton Baptist Medical Center in Birmingham, Shelby Baptist Medical Center in Alabaster, Walker Baptist Medical Center in Jasper, and Citizens Baptist Medical Center in Talladega.
At Alabama Women’s Specialists, we seek to provide the utmost level of care through our highly skilled health care professionals and state of the art technologies. We are devoted to addressing the individual needs and demands of patients in a warm and caring environment.
With years of experience, the physicians of Alabama Women’s Specialists demonstrate professionalism and expertise at every level. Offering a full range of obstetric and gynecology services from your initial exam, to childbirth and through menopause and beyond, our goal is to offer patient centered medical care based on mutual trust and communication.
Alabama Women's Specialists
2006 Brookwood Plaza | Suite 310 | Birmingham AL, 35201
phone: 205.877.2121 | fax: 205.877.2569
© Alabama Women's Specialists 2020